My goal for this blog is to post a sketch per day. I will try for twice a week at the very least. This will also be my personal blog, where I shall post things like travel diaries and other things that need posting. Enjoy.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Queen And Her Guards- Final Version

Here it is. It'll look better a bit larger than the blog displays it- click to see the larger version.

A bit of a rushed job, but I'm fairly pleased with it. It looks very nice printed, matted and framed. I've just submitted it for The Donckers Show in Marquette Michigan- Donckers is a really wonderful candyshop/restaurant, and is where Art Prom is being held this year. I thought it would be a great opportunity to force myself to finish something, and get my work out there. The show is juried, and a lot of the other entries looked pretty great, so who knows if I'll even get in- but I'm proud of myself for trying.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I was trying to figure out the medium?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's entirely digital. I scanned the pencil sketch, and then used Corel Painter, with a wacom tablet, on top. Painter mimics traditional media really well... so the foregreound is "gouache" and the background is "watercolor."

    ReplyDelete