My goal for this blog is to post a sketch per day. I will try for twice a week at the very least. This will also be my personal blog, where I shall post things like travel diaries and other things that need posting. Enjoy.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Lorenzo de' Medici


Sketch from a really cool wood sculpture! Original is below. I failed to really capture the broodiness...


Today was a little bit slower than I've been taking it. I didn't leave the house until almost ten, and then, after taking the metro to the Smithsonian, I strolled up the mall to tour the Vietnam and Korean memorials. I thought about walking to the Jefferson, but it was fairly cold and windy and I just didn't have it in me. Andrea said we can stop there on our way out tomorrow.

Stopped at the American History Museum, and saw the transportation exhibit. Below is a picture from outside; there was an Alexander Calder sculpture lurking behind the museum. That's the black shape about to eat the National monument.

Made it to the Old Post Office building for lunch; there's a nice food court and it was sort of on the way. I spent the afternoon in the National Gallery of Art, where I encountered the sculpture I sketched along with many other cool things!

No comments:

Post a Comment