My goal for this blog is to post a sketch per day. I will try for twice a week at the very least. This will also be my personal blog, where I shall post things like travel diaries and other things that need posting. Enjoy.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Illustration project

Watercolor pencils. Another piece of that huge project for class. This version is slightly tweaked on the computer- in the end I decided I liked the original better.

My critique went pretty well, and he's given us till Monday to revise. I'm thinking about completely re-doing this, if I have the time. I'm kind of aiming for an A; in this class that's hard to get!

2 comments:

  1. It's cool how her hair is both her hair & a tree limb. (Without being corny!) Nice magical palette. Purple & green are the traditional colors of the life of the Spirit. Since her dress is spring green it shows she is embarking on a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Great use of colour and the transition of the female form as both the tree tree and her body.

    ReplyDelete